Friday, September 26, 2008

Future Hopes and Dreams

I have wondered many a day how my life will be in the near future. Where will I go to college, how will I do in school, will I get married and have a family, or what will my occupation be? Of course I have tried to answer these questions and have even made future plans for some. I will not know how my future is to turn out until the time comes. Some of my hopes and dreams for the future I have already devised a plan for. I have narrowed down my college choices to two (UNC-Chapel Hill and Appalachian State University). I want to attend one of these two because they are close to home (UNC is three hours away and App. is about an hour away). The second reason is because I have always been a Carolina fan because they are the best in the world and I want to go to App. because they are a great school to go to if you want to become a teacher. I have also mapped out what I want to work as after college. I would like to get a degree in education (all the way up to being a high school teacher). I want to also minor in sports education and perhaps become a coach or P.E. teacher. I am still trying to discover and devise plans for the other parts of my life.

4 comments:

Pam Sanderlin said...

I didn't know you were thinking of becoming a teacher, so this was interesting news to me. I tried to imagine you as a teacher and I could see it. :) Do you only want to be in PE or do you have other interest areas?

I also didn't know that you had strong loyalties to UNC. (Duke would never be in the choices, eh?)

Thanks for posting.

Pam Sanderlin said...

Morgan,
I wrote a message to many of your classmates on Facebook. Here's what I said:

"Some of you still haven't completed the assigned work for SAT/Journalism yet. Since you have some time this week, it's time to catch up. I'll be reminding you (via in-box on Facebook), but here's another not-so-subtle reminder--with "point values" (toward your course grade) attached:

1. Set up your blog. (OK everyone has done that part). (10 points)
2. Write your first entry on any topic. (5 points)
3. Set up an account on collegeboard.com. (5 points)
4. Add a little information to your blog profile. (5 points)
5. Add the blog list. (Most of you have done this.) (5 points)
6. Write your second blog entry, answering one of the three posted questions (see Assignment #1). (15 points).
7. Study for the quiz over Marino Mission vocabulary, chapters 5 and 6.

If you want 5-extra credit points this week, comment on two of your classmates' blogs. Don't be silly, be professional! (We're professionals, remember?!)"

Have a great week!
Love, Mrs. Sanderlin

Morgan B. said...

Thank you for the update. I will make sure that I have everything finished.

Julie A said...

I would love to become a PE teacher! Or more like a basketball coach or something. :)